This position will involve conducting cutting-edge research in the area of irrigation management in vineyards, utilising a combination of tools, including remotely-sensed imagery and proximal sensing, along with computational modelling to quantify the water requirements of grapevines over the season. This will involve both field-based and laboratory research for the Wine Australia funded project on precision irrigation in vineyards.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will also have responsibilities for analysing and communicating the research results in both oral and written form. In conducting these duties, the incumbent will maintain accurate records
Salary: (Level A) $67,894 – $91,425 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 31 December 2020
- Completion of a Ph.D. in agricultural science, spatial science, computer science or a related discipline with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
- A current driver’s license.
- Ability to work outdoors in hot conditions.
- A CASA Remote Pilot (RePL) license is desirable
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated understanding, at a high level, of agriculture, irrigation management, and remote sensing.
- Demonstrated skills in remote sensing and computational modelling.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyse data to inform decision making processes.
- Excellent communication skills, as evidenced through report writing and delivery of oral presentations.
Closing date for Applications: 6 April 2018