The Australian Wine Research Institute
LOCATION: Levels 2 & 3, Wine Innovation Central Building, cnr Paratoo Road & Hartley Grove, Waite Campus, Urrbrae
Who We Are
The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) is the Australian grape and wine industry’s own research organisation. It supports a sustainable and successful grape and wine industry through world class research, practical solutions and knowledge transfer. Established in 1955, the AWRI is governed by an industry-led, skills-based Board and is a member of the Wine Innovation Cluster located at the Waite Research Precinct in Adelaide. The AWRI’s activities are guided by its mission and values, an industry-endorsed research, development and extension plan and an internal business plan. AWRI Commercial Services is the commercial arm of the organisation and provides advanced analytical and consulting services on a fee-paying basis.
The AWRI supports grapegrowers and winemakers by:
- Undertaking strategic and applied research based on the priorities of Australia’s grapegrowers and winemakers
- Providing a helpdesk service to answer queries from producers and conducting problem-solving investigations
- Presenting roadshow workshops and seminars in Australian wine regions
- Delivering technical information via the John Fornachon Memorial Library, the AWRI website and regular email bulletins
- Producing publications including an Annual Report, AWRI Technical Review and the Agrochemicals ‘Dog Book’
- Conducting events including the triennial Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference, the Advanced Wine Assessment Course and Research to Practice modules
- Providing NATA-accredited analysis and assistance with wine export
- Supervising postgraduate students and providing lectures to undergraduate students
RELATED NEWS & EVENTS
Why should we preserve trees in our cities and towns? Can we grow healthy crops in sandy soils? How important are insects to agriculture? Does the yeast a winemaker chooses really affect the wine produced? Can we really turn food waste into usable new products? Videos from Waite in the Spotlight 2018 now available!
The 17th Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference (AWITC) will be descending on Adelaide, 21 – 24 July 2019. Poster abstract submissions close Friday 12th April 2019.