The Australian Wine Research Institute
LOCATION: Levels 2 & 3, Wine Innovation Central Building, cnr Paratoo Road & Hartley Grove, Waite Campus, Urrbrae
Who We Are
The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) is the Australian grape and wine industry’s own research organisation. It supports a sustainable and successful grape and wine industry through world class research, practical solutions and knowledge transfer. Established in 1955, the AWRI is governed by an industry-led, skills-based Board and is a member of the Wine Innovation Cluster located at the Waite Research Precinct in Adelaide. The AWRI’s activities are guided by its mission and values, an industry-endorsed research, development and extension plan and an internal business plan. AWRI Commercial Services is the commercial arm of the organisation and provides advanced analytical and consulting services on a fee-paying basis.
The AWRI supports grapegrowers and winemakers by:
- Undertaking strategic and applied research based on the priorities of Australia’s grapegrowers and winemakers
- Providing a helpdesk service to answer queries from producers and conducting problem-solving investigations
- Presenting roadshow workshops and seminars in Australian wine regions
- Delivering technical information via the John Fornachon Memorial Library, the AWRI website and regular email bulletins
- Producing publications including an Annual Report, AWRI Technical Review and the Agrochemicals ‘Dog Book’
- Conducting events including the triennial Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference, the Advanced Wine Assessment Course and Research to Practice modules
- Providing NATA-accredited analysis and assistance with wine export
- Supervising postgraduate students and providing lectures to undergraduate students
RELATED NEWS & EVENTS
Australian wine scientists are shedding scientific light on the processes underlying traditional practices of Australian Aboriginal people to produce fermented beverages.
The AWRI has released eight new webinars! Registration via the AWRI website is now open.
The WRI research seminar series is BACK – although now online! Register now to join in from your o...Sep 24, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This webinar is presented by Dr Steve Lapidge on 'Fighting food waste for a sustainable food future-...Oct 1, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This WRI webinar is presented by Dr Huajian Liu: "Hyperspectral technologies for plant phenotyping."...Oct 8, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm