Women of Waite Network
Providing a forum for women to connect, share, inspire and be inspired
The concept of a Women of Waite (WoW) group or network has been floated on and off for some time, and the strong response to a call-out for those interested in early 2018 is confirmation that it is supported and wanted.
An initial workshop was held on Friday 23 March 2018 to define what the purpose of WoW should be and desired outcomes. Approximately 40 women from across the campus attended this POW WoW (Planning and Organising Workshop for Women of Waite).
Goals and objectives of the WoW Network
- To provide both social and professional support
- To reinvigorate the Waite culture
- To be allies for each other and promote an inclusive work environment
- To raise the Waite profile, particularly in terms of inspiring girls and young women to pursue a career in STEM.
WoW will seek to achieve these goals through:
- Communication networks for increased cooperation and more effective dialogue across the Waite through new, and more effective use of existing, communication channels.
- Information exchange to ensure stronger community awareness of the research and contributions of the women of Waite.
- Engagement resulting in a stronger, more supported community across the Waite Research Precinct, reducing feelings of isolation and providing a voice for women at all career stages.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing some issues with the sign up page being accessible to people outside the University of Adelaide network. If you get an error when you click on the sign up button below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
The South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) awards a science bursary of $1,500 to a female graduate every year. Applications for the 2021 bursary are now open, and will close at the end of March 2021.
An event to showcase the Adelaide International Women’s Day livestream and celebrate the women of The University of Adelaide was held at the Waite Campus and coincided with the relaunch of the Women of Waite Network
The next round of Postgraduate Internship Awards at the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility (APPF) are now open! Applications close 30 November 2020
Take part in a survey designed to develop greater diversity in Agribusiness.
Come along to meet and connect with other women from the Waite research precinct, the 2nd Thursday o...May 13, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Come along to meet and connect with other women from the Waite research precinct at 10am in Beltana ...Jun 10, 10:00 am - 11:00 am