The Waite Research Precinct is full of inspiring women! They are everywhere – working across all disciplines and all the campus partner organisations.
The concept of a Women of Waite (WoW) group or network has been floated on and off for some time, and the strong response to a call-out for those interested in early 2018 is confirmation that it is supported and wanted.
An initial workshop was held on Friday 23 March 2018 to define what the purpose of WoW should be and desired outcomes. Approximately 40 women from across the campus attended this POW WoW (Planning and Organising Workshop for Women of Waite).
Goals and objectives of the WoW Network
- To provide both social and professional support
- To reinvigorate the Waite culture
- To be allies for each other and promote an inclusive work environment
- To raise the Waite profile, particularly in terms of inspiring girls and young women to pursue a career in STEM.
WoW will seek to achieve these goals through:
- Communication networks for increased cooperation and more effective dialogue across the Waite through new, and more effective use of existing, communication channels.
- Information exchange to ensure stronger community awareness of the research and contributions of the women of Waite.
- Engagement resulting in a stronger, more supported community across the Waite Research Precinct, reducing feelings of isolation and providing a voice for women at all career stages.
Sign up for the WoW Network email list now to connect with other members and share ideas, opportunities and challenges. WoW is also on twitter at @WomenofWaite
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing some issues with the sign up page being accessible to people outside the University of Adelaide network. If you get an error when you click on the sign up button below, please email email@example.com to sign up.