Adelaide Hills Vine Improvement Inc is looking for an Operations Manager. The role is a contract position based in Lenswood, fulltime from April-August and part time September-March.
Adelaide Hills Vine Improvement is a regional vine propagation association that provides high health status dormant vine cuttings of known provenance to the Australian propagation industry and growers. We are one of five regional groups operating under the umbrella body, South Australian Vine Improvement Association and we are certified under the Vine Industry Nursery Accreditation Propagation Standard. Our season extends from late March until end of August encompassing an initial period of virus surveillance and after the onset of dormancy, we cut from our Adelaide Hills Source Blocks over 600,000 cuttings which are shipped Australia-wide for propagation.
The person AHVII is looking for:
- Enjoys working outdoors through Autumn and Winter. Experience working outdoors in a team environment is seen as favorable.
- Has good knowledge of viticulture and vine pruning. Formal qualifications in viticulture or Horticulture or currently studying towards such qualifications would be desirable.
- Has experience with different grape varieties, in particular cool climate varieties.
- Has some knowledge of vine pathogens, in particular viruses and their detection.
- Has good organizational skills to set up and run a cutting crew.
- Can engage with Adelaide Hills growers to set up and manage Source blocks across the Adelaide Hills Wine Region.
- Has good communication and negotiation skills to service a range of customers across Australia.
- Has good skills in IT and document control to satisfy the requirements of the VINA scheme.
The Operations Manager position is paid at an hourly rate. A vehicle is supplied, and the cutting collection base is located at Lenswood. A home-based office is preferred, with some requirements provided by AHVII.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by January 31st.