Grant applications are now open for the 2021 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. If you’re 18-35 and want to make a difference in agriculture, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project that will benefit Australia’s primary industries.
The Science Awards encourage young scientists, researchers, innovators and others active in the agriculture sector who have an original and innovative project that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries. The Science Awards have already helped 261 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
There are ten industry Science Award categories open for applications: biosecurity and digital innovation; cotton; eggs and poultry (layers); forest and wood products; grains; meat and livestock; pork; red meat processing; viticulture and oenology; and wool. Each category includes a $22,000 grant, and is generously supported by the research and development corporations and industry organisations as our Science Award partners.
Winners of the industry category Science Awards are then invited to apply for the Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management’s Award, which provides additional funding for an extended research project.
Interested in how you can make a difference for agriculture? Here are the next steps:
- Log in to GrantConnect and search for GO4188 for more information and download application form
- Read the information for applicants and quick questions and check your eligibility
- Target your application by understanding what each Science Award partner is seeking and read their corporate profiles
- Discover what projects were successful in the 2020 Science Awards
- Start your application today using the application form from the GrantConnect website.
Applications close 5pm AEST Friday 2 October 2020.
For full details on the awards and how to apply, visit: