The University Library is open and we are providing access to resources and services. Ask Library staff are available in the Barr Smith Library and Law Library as needed. Waite and Roseworthy Libraries can be accessed by swipe card. Student study spaces, collections and borrowing services continue to be available. We want to maintain a safe space for students and staff and are following the Commonwealth health guidelines of social distancing.
Connect with us online
We encourage you to access our extensive online collections and to connect with us via online methods:
- Access our wide range of online resources and online collections
- Contact your Liaison Librarian
- Use Online Chat, email, or phone to talk to the Ask Library team
- Consult a general or subject specific How Do I guide
In response to the changing demands on our resources at present and the evolving situations with our partner libraries and book vendors, we have implemented the following service amendments:
- New print book requests from other libraries are suspended and existing requests will be completed where possible.
- Electronic content will continue to be obtained where possible
- Purchase of new print books is suspended.
- Due Dates for borrowed items will be extended. While you can retain issued library materials for the time being, items can still be recalled if requested by other clients.
- Digitisation of print Course Readings is suspended. Use Library Search to identify alternative online resources. Current digitisation requests will be completed where possible.
- Same campus Requests are suspended however requests can still be placed for items held at a different site.
Information Literacy online modules for your students
We have recently developed a suite of Library Essentials courses designed to support students with finding, using and referencing information.
Provide course access to your students by either:
- Importing your required module from Canvas Commons into your MyUni course (search for Library Essentials in the Commons)
- Encouraging students to self-enrol in the relevant standalone course:
- Library Arts Essentials
- Library Engineering Essentials
- Library Health Essentials
- Library Law Essentials: coming soon
- Library Professions Essentials
- Library Sciences Essentials
- Endnote Essentials
We are here to help
Your Liaison Librarian is available for guidance and information. Schedule a zoom meeting or send a question via email.