Science Says! is science as you’ve never seen it before, and with a lot more laughter! Join us as brilliant scientists, gifted comedians and talented communicators use their wits and wittiness to uncover the top scientific discoveries of 2019 – and a few of the odder ones, too!
It’s an evening in the style of the great panel shows – think mixing Mock the Week, Spicks and Specks, and just a dash of QI. Last years’ shows saw physicists miming sticky saliva, professors donning hard hats, and biologists serenading the audience – all in the name science!
Hosted once again by Dr Joel – scientist, comedian and co-host of Food Lab on SBS – you’ll be guaranteed a night of entertainment, competition and comedy – and education, too! So secure your tickets early and join us in November to find out what Science Says!
16 November – Adelaide
Competing in Adelaide for all the glory science has to offer is:
- science communicator, former biochemist and maker of a Guinness Book of Records World’s Largest Whoopee Cushion, Dr Lisa Bailey;
- bioinformatician, data scientist and beer connoisseur, Dr Jimmy Breen;
- women’s health scientist, advocate and communicator, Dr Hannah Brown;
- botanist and molecular biologist, Prof Rachel Burton;
- ecologist, drone pilot and avid orangutan enthusiast, Molly Ellis Hennekam; and
- science communicator and former non-practising athlete, Pete McDonald.
This event will be hosted by scientist, comedian and TV personality, Dr Joel Gilmore.