The Australian and South Australian Governments have announced $61 million joint funding for the upgrade of the Fullarton and Cross Roads Intersection, adjacent to the north-west corner of the Waite campus and Arboretum.
The planning study and design development is now underway with works planned to start in 2020.
Community and stakeholder consultation is invited on the proposed intersection redevelopment. The current design could impact the Gate House and north-west corner of the Arboretum.
Key considerations for the planning study and design development will include:
- stakeholder and community input and consideration of the needs of the local university, schools, residents and businesses including safe access, carparking and managing construction impacts
- road widening to improve safety and capacity of the intersection
- right hand turning solutions at the intersection
- improving travel times to reduce congestion
- provision of safer pedestrian crossings
- consideration of bus stops and active transport opportunities
- consideration of environmental aspects including surrounding vegetation and heritage aspects.
Take the online surveys (one public and one business) to have your say – both close at the end of January 2020.
DPTI and the Cross Roads Team also plan to hold community information sessions to provide opportunities to speak with members of the project team, view the proposed concept design and provide feedback.