The Urrbrae House Historic Precinct, including the beautiful, heritage listed Urrbrae House and the Waite Arboretum, is situated on the western side of the Waite Campus on land gifted by Peter Waite to The University of Adelaide.
Urrbrae House was completed in 1891. It was the first home in Adelaide to have electric lights and also a refrigeration system installed in 1895.
The short video at right was filmed by the Master Builders Association of South Australia for their Building Ideas program, broadcast on the 9 Network. It provides an overview of the history, features and interiors of Urrbrae House.
Free guided tours of Urrbrae House are provided on the first Sunday of the month. For more information on tours and for general opening times, please see: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/waite-historic/urrbraehouse/