The School of Agriculture, Food and Wine are seeking to appoint a Grant Funded Researcher A/B position working on The Microbiome Project, a newly funded project under the National Soil Challenge Grant program.
This project seeks to identify fundamental changes in soil biological communities due to changes in farming systems over the past two decades.
To be successful you will need:
- Highly developed skills in bioinformatics, metabarcoding and metagenomics analysis and statistical data analysis, and knowledge of standard software including R statistical environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to publish in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong research interests in soil ecology/molecular ecology with demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and to develop and maintain key collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a large multidisciplinary team to deliver shared objectives.
The successful candidate with hold a PhD in Molecular Ecology, Soil Ecology, or equivalent.
For more information, visit: https://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/510239/grant-funded-researcher-ab-school-of-agriculture-food-and-wine