Do you know any early-career researchers who have peer-reviewed results, a discovery, or an invention that has received little or no media attention?
Please nominate them for Fresh Science, the national competition that helps early-career researchers find, and then share, their stories of discovery.
The program takes up-and-coming researchers with no media experience and turns them into spokespeople for science, giving them a taste of life in the limelight, with a day of media training and a public event in their home state.
Fresh Science is looking for:
- Early-career researchers (from honours students to no more than five years’ post-PhD)
- Researchers currently working in Australia and preferably for work done in Australia.
- Research which has produced peer-reviewed results i.e. you have a discovery, invention, patent etc.
- Research which is currently being undertaken, or has been published/concluded since January 2018.
- Research that is newsworthy but has not had significant media coverage.
- Researchers who can demonstrate, through the nomination form, some ability to present your research to a lay audience in a clear, interesting and informative way.