Applications are open for CSIRO PhD Top-Up Scholarships.
CSIRO Agriculture and Food are offering PhD top-up scholarships in the following priority research areas:
- Sustainability Credentials
- Farms of the Future
- Digital Agriculture
- Precision Genome Engineering
- Precision Fermentation
- Regional Transitions Towards Net Zero
CSIRO PhD Top-Up Scholarships are available to postgraduate students who have gained (or expect to gain), first or upper second-class honours or equivalent, in relevant research areas and who are in receipt of, or expect to receive, a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or an equivalent primary scholarship commencing in 2022 or early 2023. Joint supervision of students by a university and a CSIRO supervisor is required and such joint supervisory arrangements must be consistent with the Higher Degree by Research Regulations of the host university. The students’ research will be co-supervised by CSIRO and university researchers.
Location: Various locations across Australia
Scholarship: Top-up Scholarship of $10,000 per annum, plus a learning and development budget of $5,000 over the term of the studentship
Tenure: Up to 3 years
To be eligible to apply you must have (or expect to gain):
- first or upper second-class honours or equivalent in a relevant research area;
- admission to an Australian University as a PhD student;
- hold an appropriate visa to study in Australia (if international)*
- be no further than one year (FTE) into a PhD candidature on commencing at CSIRO
- hold a primary scholarship; for example, a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or other primary scholarship of similar value
- not be in receipt of any other Top-Up scholarship
- a university supervisor who is willing and able to supervise you; and
- be available to commence with CSIRO no later than 30 June 2023.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Various-CSIRO-PhD-Top-Up-Scholarships-Agriculture-and-Food/929416800/