WIC Winemaking Services
LOCATION: Hickinbotham-Roseworthy Wine Science Laboratory (WIC East) on the Waite Campus, Urrbrae SA
What is WIC Winemaking Services?
WIC Winemaking Services is a specialist contract winemaking service with a focus on small batch wines. Established as a joint venture between The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) and the University of Adelaide, its purpose is to support the Australian wine industry by providing high quality small- and pilot-scale wines for research and commercial projects.
Managed by a qualified and experienced winemaker, the service also draws on the expertise and latest scientific knowledge of key personnel within the WIC partnership. Previous clients have used the service for process development, new product development, competitor benchmarking and independent proof-of-performance testing. All intellectual property developed remains the property of the clients and all projects are conducted under strict confidentiality.
• Individually tailored winemaking trials, at micro-, small- and pilot-scale
• Short and long-term trials
• Routine juice and wine analysis for all trials
• Out of vintage winemaking trials
• Fermenter sizes ranging from 5 kg up to 800 kg
• Tank sizes ranging from 100 L to 2000 L
• A range of presses (from 130 L membrane press to a 2 tonne membrane press)
• Temperature controlled fermentation rooms
• Small- and pilot-scale crusher/de-stemmers
• Facilities for freezing grapes, juice or must
• Barrel storage room
• Bottled wine cellar
• Analytical laboratory
• Bottling line, with both screw-capper and corker
To discuss how we can assist with your winemaking needs, please contact WIC Winemaking Services on 08-8313 6600 or WICWinemakingServices@awri.com.au.
RELATED NEWS & EVENTS
The 2019 Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) wine media cadetship, aimed at aspiring journalists with an ambition for specialising in the wine sector, is now open for applications.
Wine Australia is inviting early career researchers to apply for funding through the Incubator Initiative, a program that will fund a series of regionally focused research projects
Mark your calendars! The Waite winery will be open for its winter wine sale for one day only!Jun 19, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Presented by Assoc Prof Stuart Roy, WheatHub & School of Ag, Food and Wine: Three high value genes f...Jun 20, 10:30 am