WIC Winemaking Services
LOCATION: Hickinbotham-Roseworthy Wine Science Laboratory (WIC East) on the Waite Campus, Urrbrae SA
What is WIC Winemaking Services?
WIC Winemaking Services is a specialist contract winemaking service with a focus on small batch wines. Established as a joint venture between The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) and the University of Adelaide, its purpose is to support the Australian wine industry by providing high quality small- and pilot-scale wines for research and commercial projects.
Managed by a qualified and experienced winemaker, the service also draws on the expertise and latest scientific knowledge of key personnel within the WIC partnership. Previous clients have used the service for process development, new product development, competitor benchmarking and independent proof-of-performance testing. All intellectual property developed remains the property of the clients and all projects are conducted under strict confidentiality.
• Individually tailored winemaking trials, at micro-, small- and pilot-scale
• Short and long-term trials
• Routine juice and wine analysis for all trials
• Out of vintage winemaking trials
• Fermenter sizes ranging from 5 kg up to 800 kg
• Tank sizes ranging from 100 L to 2000 L
• A range of presses (from 130 L membrane press to a 2 tonne membrane press)
• Temperature controlled fermentation rooms
• Small- and pilot-scale crusher/de-stemmers
• Facilities for freezing grapes, juice or must
• Barrel storage room
• Bottled wine cellar
• Analytical laboratory
• Bottling line, with both screw-capper and corker
To discuss how we can assist with your winemaking needs, please contact WIC Winemaking Services on 08-8313 6600 or WICWinemakingServices@awri.com.au.
RELATED NEWS & EVENTS
Providing a forum for women to connect, share, inspire and be inspired. The Waite Research Precinct is full of inspiring women! They are everywhere – working across all disciplines and all the campus partner organisations.
The AWRI has released five new viticulture focused webinars and free registration is open now!
This year's Peter Waite Day event will be held from 3-6pm on Friday 11 May in the gardens adjacent U...May 11, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm