South Australian Women: Women in Space – Impacting the World and Beyond
Oct 26, 4:30 pm - 11:30 pm$32
INSPIRING, EMPOWERING, ADVANCING are the drivers of this much anticipated event with female leaders from within the space industry coming together to share their rich experiences and inspire greater participation in this exciting and growing sector of the South Australian economy.
You will hear the extraordinary experience of our key note speaker Tanya Monro, Chief Defence head of Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) and Capability Manager for Innovation, Science and Technology within the Australian Department of Defence.
Also featuring a panel discussion with amazing scientists who are making a difference in their field and learn more about them, what drives them, how they have got to where they are now, what advice they would give to someone wanting to work in this field.
- Katherine Bennett – Australian Space Agency – Director of Space Capability and Director of Robotics and Automations
- Professor Jill Slay AM – University of South Australia Professorial Chair in Cyber Security and Research in the SmartSat Australian Co-operative Research Centre (CRC)
- Associate Professor Jenny Mortimer, School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology.
- Dr Kimberley Clayfield – Space Research Program Director and Space Technology Future Science Platform Leader
- Zandria Farrel – Space Sector Lead, Space and Space Weather, Bureau of Meteorology
Date: Wednesday 26th October 2022
Time: 4.30pm for light refreshments and a 5.15pm start
Venue: National Wine Centre
Tickets: General Admission $55 per person + booking fee, students $32 per person + booking fee
We also acknowledge the invaluable support from our funding partners the Australian Government through the National Australia Day Council and supported by the Government of South Australia and strategic partner City of Adelaide.