- This event has passed.
Reporting Research with Rmarkdown workshop
Feb 10, 8:45 am - 5:00 pm$50 – $150
Introducing some more advanced features of R including reporting with Rmarkdown, and some powerful data manipulation and plotting packages.
Ultimately, when you analyse a data set, someone wants a report from it, be it your boss, a funding body, or published research. And when it comes to publications, there is a push for “reproducible research”.
In this workshop, we examine what reproducible research means, and how R can enable you to easily turn your data into reports and papers. We will also cover some more advanced R skills around data manipulation and graphics
Details at a glance
Date: Wednesday 10th February 2021
Time: 8:45am to 5:00pm
Cost: $150 ($50 for those working on GRDC projects) including GST
Location: Online via Zoom
Max attendees: 15
Bring: A computer and headphones (headphones with microphone work best)
NB: This course assumes a basic understanding of R. To find out when the next introductory workshop is being held, please contact us at: email@example.com
What does this workshop cover?
- Introduces Rmarkdown and report preparation with R, which brings together a report on the design, analysis and graphical presentation in a consistent, all-in-one and reproducible way. This will greatly improve the efficiency of your reporting.
- Data manipulation techniques are covered to improve efficiency in data handling.
- Further graphical techniques are presented using ggplot2 – create top quality journal types graphs for your reports and papers.
Why should you do this R course?
- SAGI-STH has developed the Biometry Education Initiative to tailor to the needs of researchers in the Australian Grains Industry.
- We don’t assume any statistical background, or bombard you with complicated formulas and equations.
- The course is run by grains industry researchers, for grains industry researchers. Researchers in other industries are also more than welcome to attend!
- As always, the course is non-threatening, with plenty of examples and hands-on practice to help you get familiar with the concepts.
What will you get out of it?
- You will build on previous R skills.
- You will learn some tools that enable easy reporting through R.
- You will learn some tips for manipulating your data and getting what you want out of it.
- Confidence to continue learning and exploring R for yourself