- This event has passed.
Learn how to write for The Conversation
Apr 4, 2022, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Conversation Australia attracts more than 20 million unique reads worldwide each month through its Creative Commons republications in outlets that include the ABC, IFL Science, Channel News Asia, Apple News and many more. The University has renewed it’s membership to The Conversation and academic staff are invited to attend a one-hour session on how and why to write for The Conversation.
In this session, The Conversation Editor Jane Howard will cover:
- the benefits of writing for The Conversation
- what sort of ideas the editors are seeking
- how to pitch an idea
- how editors decide what pitches to accept
- what happens if you get accepted / rejected
- how to write for The Conversation’s non-academic readership