- This event has passed.
Introduction to R Workshop
Sep 7, 8:45 am - 4:30 pm$80
Would you like to be able to present data in an informative and engaging way, or to start preparing your data for statistical analysis? Do you want to understand more about how the statistics for your project are calculated or what they mean? Have you heard of R but you’re not really sure how to get started? Then this workshop is for you!
Details at a glance
Date: Thursday 7th September 2017
Time: 8:45am to 4:30pm
Cost: $80 (Lunch provided)
Location: Biometry Hub meeting room 204, Level 2, Main Waite Building, Waite Campus
Max attendees: 12
Bring: A laptop
Why would you learn R?
- R is popular open-source (= free) statistics software for data exploration and analysis.
- It’s one of the most popular and common languages for statistical analysis across the world, and used in every imaginable field!
- It is becoming ‘assumed knowledge’ for researchers to understand the basics of R-programming.
Why should you do this R course?
- SAGI-STH has developed the Biometry Education Initiative to tailor to the needs of researchers in the Australian Grains Industry.
- We don’t assume any statistical background, or bombard you with complicated formulas and equations.
- The course is run by grains industry researchers, for grains industry researchers. Researchers in other agricultural industries are also more than welcome to attend!
- The course is non-threatening, with plenty of examples and hands-on practice to help you get familiar with R.
What will you get out of it?
- You will become familiar with the basics of R, including using R packages, and will learn how to produce elegant graphics in R.
- You will learn some tips for preparing and managing your research data, to make things easier for yourself and whoever analyses your data.
- Confidence to continue learning and exploring R for yourself.
If you have further questions about this workshop, please email Sam Rogers (email@example.com) | Biometry Hub