- This event has passed.
Future Drought Fund Science to Practice Forum
Jun 7, 9:30 am - Jun 9, 5:00 pm
The SA Drought Hub invites you to be involved in activities for this year’s Future Drought Fund Science to Practice Forum.
The Forum will be conducted out of Canberra and livestreamed across Australia from 7 to 9 June, 2022. See the program here.
The SA Drought Hub will host an interactive viewing of the Forum at the Hub’s headquarters at the University of Adelaide’s Roseworthy Campus on Tuesday 7 June and Wednesday 8 June, from 9.00am (starting with morning tea upon arrival) to 4.30pm both days.
This will be followed by a special field trip on Thursday 9 June:
– Depart Roseworthy Campus by bus at 9am
– Visit EzyBale, Freeling: hay and fodder production within a drought
– Visit SARDI Turretfield Research Centre: thermo regulation of ewes; strategies for managing heat stress in sheep; reproductive technologies in sheep
– Lunch in the Barossa Valley followed by presentations on practices to better manage soils and build their resilience to drought
– Return to Roseworthy Campus by bus at approx 3pm
All these events will be free of charge and catering will be provided. You can choose to attend one, two or all three days – register via this link. Early registration is encouraged as numbers are limited. SA Health COVID-19 requirements will apply to this event.
If you are unable to attend the in-person events at Roseworthy but wish to join the Forum online from your home or workplace, please register here.