The Plant Research Centre have been advised that SA Power Network has programmed to shut down the main supply power to the building to perform essential maintenance to two transformers.
SA Power Network will disconnect power to the Plant Research Centre between 9:00 pm this Friday 1st November and 3:00 am Saturday 2nd November.
Please note the following
- For safety of staff there will be no access to the building between 6:00 pm Friday 1st November and 6:00 am Saturday 2nd. This will also provide a safe working environment for contractors to install and dismantle temporary cabling, turn back on switchboards, lighting etc.
- Please vacate the building by 6.00 pm Friday 1st November, security will remind staff to vacate.
- There will be constant security patrolling of the PRC managed by Police Security during the shutdown period.
- The power shutdown will affect the whole building including, freezers, coolrooms, controlled environment rooms etc. It is anticipated the building will be fully operational by 6.00 am Saturday 2nd
- Adelaide Commercial Electrical will be providing substitute power to critical services which has been identified in consultation with key SARDI and University of Adelaide staff.
- Critical equipment for temporary power has been labelled with a fluorescent green label with temp power 1/11/19 written on the label.
- During this week temporary generators and cabling will be put in place where required ready for temporary connection to equipment on Friday night.
- Prior to leaving the workplace on Friday 1st November please assist the shutdown by turning of all non critical equipment.
If you require any further information please contact me asap.
Graham Fendt | Facilities and Assets Manager
Primary Industries and Regions SA – PIRSA
P: +61 8429 2212 | M: 0401 122 444