Could you be our next Business Manager? Applications for this Adelaide-based role are now open.
We are seeking a highly organised and outcome focused Business Manager to join our dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of experts at the APPF’s Adelaide node, The Plant Accelerator®, located at the University of Adelaide’s Waite Campus.
In this service delivery role, you will ensure the efficient operation of the facility to provide outstanding services to facility users, manage human and financial resources, monitor performance, nurture stakeholder relationships and drive initiatives to continuously improve the facility’s service delivery and outputs.
Working closely with the APPF General Manager Operations and APPF node Directors, you will ensure the facility meets its contractual obligations under the Australian Government’s National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS), prepare budgets and financial reports, progress and performance reports, support funding opportunities, contribute to high level policy documents and respond to ad hoc requests from the Australian Government’s Department of Education and Training.
Applications close 11.55pm May 6, 2019
To be successful you will need:
- Substantial and demonstrated experience in business operations, and financial and human resource management in a service environment.
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership to improve performance, establish a harmonious working environment and maintain an outcome-based focus.
- A tertiary qualification and extensive relevant management experience are essential.
- Previous experience in a plant science research environment and/or related industry is highly desirable.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field of business is desirable.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
General Manager Operations
Australian Plant Phenomics Facility
The Plant Accelerator®
University of Adelaide – Waite Campus
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
P: +61 (08) 8313 0808