Elderton is one of Australia’s most well known wineries with a track record of success. Still proudly family owned, it was founded by the Ashmead family in 1982. The company now exports wines to more than 30 countries around the world. The company’s vision is ‘Excellence from Distinguished Vineyards in the Barossa’.
The company is looking for an energetic viticulture graduate, who can assist the current Vineyard Manager to manage 65ha of vineyard across 3 sites: Craneford, Nuriootpa and Greenock.
- You will help manage the operational requirements of all 3 sites including pest and disease control, canopy management, irrigation management, harvest operations and new plantings. This will involve ‘hands on’ operations.
- You will oversee contract hire staff.
- You will also work closely with the winemaking, marketing and management teams to get the best outcomes.
- You will help with improving the vineyard sustainability programme.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good university tertiary results.
- Strong communication skills and be team minded.
- Practical knowledge and enjoy working outside getting your hands dirty.
- Good computer skills. A working knowledge of Ezy Systems would be an advantage.
Please contact Cameron Ashmead at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and a CV by the deadline of 31 March 2019 if you are interested.