- This event has passed.
Webinar: Beyond Politics: Past, Current and Potential Futures For GM Regulation and Oversight in Australia
Jul 21, 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Policy and regulation associated with genetic modification (GM) of food and crops is complex, particularly in the Australian context.
This webinar features a range of speakers involved in policymaking, and seeks to provide information on various levels of GM-related regulation and application in a variety of settings including research, food production, and labelling.
The panel also will address the processes used in various parts of the system for generating evidence to inform decisions including public views on GM, and likely future directions for GM in Australia.
* Professor Wendy Umberger (Facilitator) Executive Director, Centre for Global Food and Resources
* Emeritus Professor Kym Anderson George Gollin Professor Emeritus, School of Economics
* Professor Rachel Ankeny Program Director, Agrifood Policy, Stretton Institute
* Professor Dianne Nicol Director, Centre for Law and Genetics, University of Tasmania
* Dr Kylie Tattersall Director, Plant Evaluation Section, Office of the Gene Technology Regulator
* Dr Peter Thygensen Principal Regulatory Scientist, Office of the Gene Technology Regulator
* Dr Lisa Kelly Principal Scientist and GM Team Leader, Food Standards Australia New Zealand