The Australian Wine Research Institute
LOCATION: Levels 2 & 3, Wine Innovation Central Building, cnr Paratoo Road & Hartley Grove, Waite Campus, Urrbrae
Who We Are
The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) is the Australian grape and wine industry’s own research organisation. It supports a sustainable and successful grape and wine industry through world class research, practical solutions and knowledge transfer. Established in 1955, the AWRI is governed by an industry-led, skills-based Board and is a member of the Wine Innovation Cluster located at the Waite Research Precinct in Adelaide. The AWRI’s activities are guided by its mission and values, an industry-endorsed research, development and extension plan and an internal business plan. AWRI Commercial Services is the commercial arm of the organisation and provides advanced analytical and consulting services on a fee-paying basis.
The AWRI supports grapegrowers and winemakers by:
- Undertaking strategic and applied research based on the priorities of Australia’s grapegrowers and winemakers
- Providing a helpdesk service to answer queries from producers and conducting problem-solving investigations
- Presenting roadshow workshops and seminars in Australian wine regions
- Delivering technical information via the John Fornachon Memorial Library, the AWRI website and regular email bulletins
- Producing publications including an Annual Report, AWRI Technical Review and the Agrochemicals ‘Dog Book’
- Conducting events including the triennial Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference, the Advanced Wine Assessment Course and Research to Practice modules
- Providing NATA-accredited analysis and assistance with wine export
- Supervising postgraduate students and providing lectures to undergraduate students
RELATED NEWS & EVENTS
The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI), located here at the Waite, is currently inviting applications for several positions, from technical officers to a bioinformatician
The AWRI has released four new viticulture focused webinars and registration is open now!