South Australian Food Innovation Centre
LOCATION: Plant Research Centre, Waite Road, Waite Campus, Urrbrae
Who We Are
The South Australian Food Innovation Centre has been established to maximise future opportunities for South Australia’s food and beverage industry by supporting innovation and encouraging commercialisation of new ideas and products.
Innovation is essential to thrive in a rapidly changing world, but it has not always been easy for South Australian food businesses to find or access appropriate experts, programs or resources to support innovation activities. The South Australian Food Innovation Centre is a single point of entry for South Australian food businesses to access the leadership, technical expertise and advisory services they need to solve problems, grow profits, and invest in innovations that can benefit their business.
“To maximise future opportunities for South Australia’s food and beverage industry by supporting innovation and encouraging commercialisation of new ideas and products.”
A coalition of industry leaders, state government agencies, universities and research organisations have joined together to establish the centre, making it easier for businesses to find and access appropriate experts, programs and resources to solve their problems and develop solutions that are fit for market.
- Food South Australia (Food SA)
- Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA)
- South Australian Research Development Institute (SARDI)
- The University of Adelaide
- University of South Australia
- The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI)
- Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL)
The Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society, Primary Producers SA, and the Economic Development Board are also supporting and contributing to the collaboration.
Initially the South Australian Food Innovation Centre will provide a virtual single enquiry point for food businesses to access:
- existing innovation capabilities
- technical and advisory support services; and
- advice on the government support programs and resources provided by the foundation partners.
The establishment of the South Australian Food Innovation Centre is a direct result of the State Government’s economic priority, Premium Food and Wine Produced in our Clean Environment and Exported to the World.
- South Australian Food Innovation Centre (SAFIC)
- GPO Box 124, Glenside SA 5065
- Plant Research Centre, Waite Campus
- 2b Hartley Grove, Urrbrae SA 5064
- T: (08) 8226 0109
- E: PIRSA.FoodInnovationCentre@sa.gov.au
- A. Plant Research Centre, Waite Road, Waite Campus, Urrbrae – View on google map
- Visit website (PIRSA)
RELATED EVENTS & SEMINARS
Discarded potato peelings and pulp created by potato product manufacturers could soon be turned into a Premium South Australian Vodka.
Gluten-free bread products are often considered inferior in texture and taste compared to regular bread, but that is set to change with Riviera Bakery partnering with The University of Adelaide to develop a range of gluten free breads with functional properties for health and wellbeing