Why Waite Program
Primary and secondary school groups can visit the Waite campus for a range of fun and educational activities around plants and agriculture. Activities can be tailored to suit particular curriculum requirements and vary from 30 minute sessions to whole-day activities.
Some of these activities include:
- soil filtration analysis – the chemical and physical properties of soils;
- flavour sensory – how the chemistry of food affects what we taste;
- phenotype vs genotype – understanding the genetics of parental crossing during breeding;
- DNA extractions and various molecular techniques;
- tours of various sites on campus, including an operational winery and The Plant Accelerator
…and plenty more. We are currently developing new programs and look forward to showing you what we have to offer.
Please contact Bianca Kyriacou via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (08) 8313 0469. Office hours Wednesday and Thursday 9:30-4:30pm. Feel free to leave a message for returned calls.
Follow Why Waite Science Outreach on Instagram @whywaite_uoa
Office of Student Recruitment and Admission Services
The University Office of Student Recruitment and Admission Services provides various resources and online tools, as well as handling requests for school visits or on campus engagement activities.